Assistant General Counsel
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and ambitious corporate attorney with significant experience with corporate finance, project finance and development or complex commercial transactions for an Assistant General Counsel position. This is a highly desirable opportunity to assume a visible role with senior management in an innovative, dynamic organization that is commercializing an algae technology platform for a range of products – food ingredients, personal care ingredients, biofertilizers and biofuels.
The ideal candidate is at a law firm or legal department who wants more transactional responsibility, and has expertise in some combination of the following areas:
Corporate and Project Finance:
- Assist in drafting teasers, information memoranda, management presentations for financing activities
- Assist in drafting and negotiating agreements for the development, financing (especially project financing, asset financing, government-backed programs)
- Negotiate project development agreements, EPC contracts, construction contracts, leases/land use arrangements, loan/credit agreements, etc.
- Draft and negotiate term sheets and agreements for commercial supply contracts, collaboration agreements, technology licensing, joint ventures
- Assist in developing novel and innovative business arrangements and strategies for feedstock supply, equipment supply, refining, fuel distribution and marketing
- Investigate and advise on domestic and international rules and regulations
- Corporate housekeeping activities for subsidiaries (LLCs, corporations, international entities)
- Assist in monitoring intellectual property portfolio
- Assist in Human Resource matters
Position located in Fort Myers, Florida.
Qualifications for Your Job
- 5-10 years experience in a law firm and corporate legal environment (prior in-house experience is not required)
- Creative thinker capable of addressing unique challenges in innovative ways
- Ambitious, self starter with demonstrated initiative and problem-solving ability in both a structured and unstructured business environment
- Ability to write for and communicate with many audiences – legal, technical and lay persons
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to assess commercial and business issues in addition to legal ones
- Sense of humor required, with a highly collaborative and consultative work style
Top academic credentials preferable (top schools or high class ranking, Law Review desirable). Admitted to Florida Bar or ability to obtain admission. Job history stability is a must.
Competitive compensation package includes medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) plan with match potential, and childcare benefits. Relocation offered.
Applicants must submit their cover letter and curriculum vitae as one PDF document to email@example.com. Please reference “Assistant General Counsel” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Only applications meeting the outlined qualifications and providing all requested information will be considered.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.