Engineering Assistant/Drafter – AutoCAD/Solidworks
Summary of Your Job
As an Engineering Assistant in the Process Engineering department, you will work with process engineers and biologists to prepare designs for tooling, fixtures, assemblies, equipment, and our plant. You will also prepare engineering documentation, provide engineering input, and assist in managing documentation software.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. As with any job, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
- Work with Engineers and Designers to define all required information for documentation.
- Perform engineering and design support.
- Prepare engineering documentation including Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (PID), Single Line Wiring Diagrams, Multi-line Wiring Diagrams, mechanical part drawings and assembly drawings.
- Alert designers of any design inconsistencies noticed during the creation of the documentation.
- Ensure models, drawings and other documentation are up to date and in accordance with Algenol’s standards.
- Provide support to documentation users and generating reports from Algenol’s drafting software.
Qualifications for Your Job
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities you are required to possess. Reasonable accommodations may be made, should you have a disability, to allow you to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in an Engineering related field or minimum of 2 years experience in drafting, drawing and modeling.
- Knowledge of Solidworks 3D modeling, ePDM or similar documentation management software, Electrical Schematic/AutoCAD 2D PID, 3D and Plant Design Suite, and Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience in 3D modeling, Mechanical Part Drafting, 2D Process Design Schematics, annd 2D Electrical Schematics preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills for communicating complex designs between engineers.
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to stay on task and focused for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, growing environment. 7. Ability to respect the confidential nature the work and use discretion at all times.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org; reference “Engineering Assistant” in the subject line.