Engineering Associate, Quality – Algenol Biotech
As an Quality Engineering Associate in Process Engineering, you will participate on one to several Project Teams related to the technological development and advancement of processing equipment (upstream and downstream), and algal production field infrastructure associated with algal cultivation. The position will require successful execution of the following activities:
- Provide daily assistance as the Quality Engineer on both Upstream and Downstream processes.
- Oversee, review, and approve all Operational documentation generated in the Upstream and Downstream department including Proper execution of work instructions, completion of batch record data, and QC Records.
- Support development of GMP compliant procedures and documentation.
- Develop a Process Development Documentation strategy.
- Support Quality Documentation System development project.
- Serve as point of contact for internal customers for all PC Quality related issues.
- Provide training to Operations and Lab staff on GMP compliance.
An Engineering Associate is expected to be able to conduct small-scale Quality studies independently, including writing the proposal, conducting data analysis, and completing smaller reports. An Associate will serve as the Quality representative in support of larger priority studies as part of an integrated team, and may be required to represent Algenol with external engineering partners and groups.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in an Scientific or Engineering discipline (civil, mechanical, chemical, electrical, environmental or related engineering field) with two (2) plus years relevant experience or a Master’s degree in an Scientific Engineering discipline;
- Be familiar with reading, interpreting, creating basic laboratory and engineering documentation, including process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams, among others;
- Have basic understanding of statistical data analysis techniques;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Have the ability to adjust to multiple demands;
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel;
Additional competencies preferred (not required):
- Experience with GMP regulated Quality System Requirements
- Commercial GMP (food, medical device, pharmaceutical) plant operations experience
- Quality Engineering experience in a Product Development or Food Manufacturing environment
- Certified Quality Engineer
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org; reference “Quality Engineering Associate” in the subject line.