Cosmetics Marketing Manager
Algenol Biotech is a leading edge industrial biotechnology company that manufactures multiple products from algae. Algenol develops its own products, and it works under contract to develop algae based products for other companies. Our clean algae cultivation process yields high quality, sustainable and affordable products. Algenol is developing new cosmetics ingredient for skin care and hair care applications, as well as a variety of specialty ingredients for the food sector.
Summary of Your Job
Algenol is looking for a Cosmetics Marketing manager to coordinate marketing efforts around the use of new algae based products across a few consumer product applications under consideration, but primarily in the cosmetics sector. The primary audience will be global brands, as well as retail cosmetics companies and distributors. The candidate will report to Algenol’s Chief Business Officer and work closely with other executives, scientific and engineering staff.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Lead Algenol cosmetics marketing programs efforts, and support other consumer products marketing programs.
- Create and execute a marketing strategy to support our customer acquisition and expansion goals.
- Lead Algenol cosmetics marketing materials development efforts, particularly in the development of original print, packaging and promotional materials.
- Develop a high level of knowledge and understanding of Algenol cosmetics product capabilities and performance in key industry applications.
- Implement company digital and social media programs to promote and grow Algenol cosmetics’ ingredients awareness by key stakeholders.
- Develop compelling stories that resonate with prospective customers and demonstrate the distinct value of our algae-based products.
- Manage Algenol (or partner) efforts to create brand and products awareness across the cosmetics’ industry.
- Conduct marketing research efforts, as required.
Support Algenol business development efforts:
- Lead the development and customization of Algenol client presentations, working with BD staff and key company’s executives.
- Make presentations about Algenol and its products and services at conferences and to customers and prospects.
- Work with Algenol Business Development and Product Development to produce comprehensive product documentation for effective sales efforts.
- Participate in customer and prospect calls and meetings, as needed.
- Work closely with Business Development to develop and operate conference booths.
Qualifications for Your Job
- A bachelor’s degree is required – preferably in business/marketing.
- An advanced degree is a plus, but is not required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing or brand management environment.
- Strong knowledge of US consumer products/cosmetics’ market.
- Proficiency with B2B marketing techniques and best practices.
- Outgoing personality and ability to talk to potential business prospects.
- Excellent, clear and concise communication skills in verbal, written and visual formats and mastery of MS Office Suite; knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
- Ability to design content for web sites/mobile applications is a plus.
- Highly proficient in producing innovative customer and business presentation slides.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and with internal and/or external clients.
- Ability to identify and track key metrics that demonstrate marketing results.
- Strong self-motivation/direction, entrepreneurial mind-set and teaming skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Team player, ability to work with ambiguity in fast moving environment.Familiarity in working with engineers and scientists in a highly technical environment.
Fort Myers, FL or Washington, DC area
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com; reference “Cosmetics Marketing Manager” in the subject line.