Summary of Your Job
As a machine operator, you will work with a team extracting and purifying at Algenol’s pilot plant to meet Algenol’s production and development objectives. The machine operator will be responsible for assisting in general operations including movement of fluids, filtration, clean in place, and general maintenance of machines.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. As with any job, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
- Assist daily pilot scale batch purification operations
- Follow operational checklists and SOPs
- Operate pumps and valves
- Prepare chemicals critical to processes
- General equipment maintenance
- Work within established protocols and test plans to ensure peak production in optimized systems
- Record data from purification batches
Qualifications for Your Job
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities you are required to possess. Reasonable accommodations may be made, should you have a disability, to allow you to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree in science, mechanics, or experience in machine operations and trade professions is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work shift work
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to operate pumps and valves
- Ability to operate a forklift or pallet jack preferred, but not required. Training will be provided
- Retaining of a positive, can-do attitude under physically demanding conditions
- Familiar with general industrial hygiene practices and safety practices
- Versed with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the United States
Physical Demands of Your Job
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability, the company may make reasonable accommodations to allow you to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties described above, you:
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be capable of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, and hearing for long periods of time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer or machine terminal; using measurement devices.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines and pumps where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature.
- Must be able to reach overhead and use hand tools
- Must be able to operate pumps.
- Must have the ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack or be trained to use this equipment. Training will be provided if needed.
- May be subjected to chemical fumes below OSHA stardards
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Must be able to comply with general safety requirements (wearing safety glasses, gloves, ect)
- Knowledge of safe operation of common power and hand tools is required.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF of your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com; reference “Machine Operator” in the subject line.