Summary of Your Job
Algenol is seeking a full-time Operations Supervisor in its commercial operations. As a Supervisor in the Engineering and Operations department, you will manage a small team of employees responsible for commercial operations and for supporting pilot plant operations. The supervisor is responsible for all day-to-day process equipment and procedures including, but not limited to: water processing, culture harvest, waste management, equipment construction and modification, process development, SOP development, scheduling, interfacing between scale-up, field operations and maintenance operations. He/she will work with a team cultivating large scale algal cultures and product separations to meet Algenol’s production objectives. On a weekly basis, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for teams that harvest/process algae, clean algal systems, maintain outlined quality standards, and adhere to safety policies. Additionally, Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the manufacturing technicians’ training program, supervising staff during regular hours, scheduling staffing and occasionally taking on-call responsibilities.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Authoring operational checklists and SOPs for production of algal products
- Following and updating GMP procedures
- Occasionally operating production field processes and separations processes
- Training manufacturing technicians in field operations and separations operations
- Operating and troubleshooting pumps, valves, machinery to create algal products
- Coordinating photobioreactor and associated systems deployment and service
- Reviewing data entry
- Interpretation and reporting data
- Submitting maintenance requests
- Working shifts (including overnight), weekends and holidays, and overtime, as needed
- Supervising and training interns and manufacturing technicians
- Planning for product development and quality assurance metrics
- Communicating parameters that are out of norm or out of spec to production management
- Leading and participating in management of change (MOC) process and forms
- Leading and participating in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Adhering to safety policies
- Assisting in developing safety policies
- Ensuring others are adhering to safety policies
- Presenting productivity data to management
- Participating in on call responsibilities
- Managing and scheduling a staff of manufacturing technicians
Required Qualifications and Physical Demands:
- An operations supervisor should have 5 years of experience at the manufacturing facility (preferably food manufacturing) and 2 years supervisor experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in making chemical solutions
- Experience with general industrial hygiene practices and safety practices; GMP experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability with pumps and valves and basic hand tools
- Demonstrated ability identifying problems and taking appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability integrating well with small working groups and coping with a fast pace work environment
- Ability to work 8+hours outdoors in South Florida weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50lbs of weight to waist height
- Must be able to walk in an environment with piping and other objects in walk paths and occasionally crawl or climb
- Retaining a positive, can-do attitude under physically demanding conditions
- Versed with personal computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to be CPR/first aid, forklift, arc flash, HAZWOPER, Hazardous waste, Lock out tag out, PPE, Spill response trained
Candidates should submit, in electronic form (PDF), their cover letter; resume; to email@example.com and reference “Operations Supervisor” in the subject line. Applicants should indicate their availability in their cover letter. Only applications meeting the outlined qualifications and providing all requested information will be reviewed and answered.
Algenol offers a generous compensation package including competitive salary commensurate with experience; medical, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid vacation time; and childcare benefits.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.