Pipe Designer, Drafter
Summary of Your Job
As a Drafter in the Engineering and Operations department, you will work with process engineers, biologists and facilities personnel to prepare designs for tooling, fixtures, assemblies, and equipment. You will also prepare engineering documentation and assist in managing documentation software.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Engineers and Designers to define all required information for documentation.
- Perform drafting support for engineering and design work.
- Prepare engineering documentation including Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs), Single Line Wiring Diagrams, Multi-line Wiring Diagrams, mechanical part drawings and assembly drawings.
- Alert engineers of any design inconsistencies noticed during the creation of documentation.
- Ensure models, drawings and other documentation are up to date and in accordance with Algenol’s standards.
- Provide support to documentation users and generating reports from Algenol’s drafting software.
Qualifications for Your Job
- A minimum of 2 years experience in drafting.
- Must have knowledge of AutoCAD 2D PID, AutoCAD 3D and Plant Design Suite and Microsoft Office Products. Preferred some knowledge of Solidworks 3D modeling, ePDM or similar documentation management software.
- Experience in 3D modeling, 2D Process Design Schematics, Mechanical Part Drafting, and 2D Electrical Schematics desired.
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to stay on task and focused for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, growing environment.
- Ability to respect the confidential nature the work and use discretion at all times.
- Must be able to work at a computer station for long periods of time.
- Primary work conditions will be an office, but may be required to work outdoors for up to 4 hours per day.
- Must have close visual acuity to perform any activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, reading and using measurement devices.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF Version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org; reference “Pipe Designer, Drafter” in the subject line.