Quality Manager / Director
Summary of Your Job
Algenol Biotech LLC is an innovative company and industry leader in developing commercial products from algae. Algenol is ready for commercial manufacturing of several high-value products in the food, nutraceutical, and personal care industries. As Quality Manager, you will work with the Algenol operation teams to set up and execute an effective quality program for Algenol manufactured products. Supervision of several employees, QA and QC functions, manufacturing controls, and documentation systems will be part of daily duties. You will also review all new and existing engineering designs to identify opportunities to improve overall quality.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervise a team of quality associates.
- Work with Engineering and Operation teams to design for manufacturing with quality built in.
- Ensure outgoing products have near zero defects; application of Six Sigma principals
- Management of quality documentation system and all related documentation, consistent with GMP compliance.
- Set up and manage both internal and external (local, state, federal regulators, and customers) auditing programs.
- Work on cross functional teams within Algenol to ensure top quality within designs and delivered product.
- Work with Supply Chain and Purchasing to ensure that all suppliers and raw materials meet stringent quality metrics.
- Analyze failure data and work with teams to seek improvements.
- Work with equipment suppliers and raw material vendors, including vendor qualifications as necessary.
Qualifications for Your Job
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Minimum of five years prior quality engineering experience and previous supervisory experience required; 7+ years relevant experience is preferred.
- Expertise in six sigma, GMP compliance, FDA regulations, statistics and manufacturing experience are required.
- Experience both developing and implementing quality programs is important.
- Experience with validations and audits is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, growing environment.
- Ability to respect the confidential nature of the work and use discretion at all times.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Minitab, documentation management system and inventory management systems are all encouraged.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF Version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com; reference “Quality Manager” in the subject line.