Research Assistant / Research Associate – Analytical Chemistry
Summary of Your Job
As a Research Assistant/Research Associate, you will responsible for the chemical and instrumental analysis of compounds in support of research and development and commercial objectives, and the data analysis and reporting of results to scientific personnel.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of standards, samples, reagents, and solutions necessary to perform analytical procedures.
- Perform instrumental and chemical analyses of samples while adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs) in a high volume, high throughput support laboratory.
- Engage in method optimization or improvement activities.
- Cross-department consultation and interpretation of analytical results with R&D and commercial staff.
- Routine instrument maintenance and user-level troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment, glassware, and chemical inventory.
Qualifications for Your Job
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, food science, or comparable discipline with exposure to quantitative and instrumental analysis with 0-4 years relevant experience.
- Experience with basic analytical chemistry techniques including gravimetric and volumetric standard preparation, and analytical instrumentation such as gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (LC), colorimetric chemistry, flow injection analysis, and titrations.
- Ability to work in an independent, organized, and efficient manner in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Expertise in headspace GC, GC-MS, ion chromatography, LC-MS, elemental analysis, and/or ICP-OES instrumentation is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain analytical instrumentation is desirable.
- Experience with ChemStation, Chromeleon, and/or Analyst is a plus.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time – 1 to 2 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time – 1 to 4 hours
- Must be able to talk to other personnel
- Must perform repetitive motion of the hands and fingers for long periods of time – 1 to 4 hours
- Must possess visual acuity for multiple activities
- Will be exposed to mechanical, electrical, heat, and chemical hazards
- May be exposed to chemical fumes, dusts, particulates, odors, or gasses
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference “Analytical Chemistry RA” in the subject line.