Research Technician/Research Assistant – Analytical Chemistry Algenol Biotech
Summary of Job:
As a Research Technician / Research Assistant, you will responsible for the biochemical, chemical and instrumental analysis of compounds/research samples in support of research and development and commercial objectives, and the data analysis and reporting of results to scientific personnel, along with general lab duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of standards, samples, reagents, and solutions necessary to perform analytical procedures.
- Perform instrumental and chemical analyses of samples while adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs) in a high volume, high throughput support laboratory.
- Cross-department consultation and interpretation of analytical results with R&D and commercial staff.
- Routine instrument maintenance, user-level troubleshooting and repair, maintenance of lab equipment, glassware, and chemical inventory.
- Data analysis and interpretation of analytical results and consultation with analytical staff.
- Ability to be organized and efficiently perform sample analyses for multiple projects and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, food science, or comparable discipline with exposure to quantitative and instrumental analysis with 0-2 years relevant experience preferred.
- Experience with basic analytical chemistry techniques including gravimetric and volumetric standard preparation, and analytical instrumentation such as gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (LC), colorimetric chemistry, flow injection analysis, and titrations.
- Ability to work in an independent, organized, and efficient manner in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Expertise in headspace GC, GC-MS, ion chromatography, LC-MS, elemental analysis, and/or ICP-OES instrumentation is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain analytical instrumentation is desirable.
- Experience with ChemStation, Chromeleon, and/or Analyst is a plus.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com; reference “Research Technician / Research Assistant – Analytical Chemistry” in the subject line.