(Senior) Engineer, Product and Process Development
Summary of Your Job
As a Process Development Engineer in the Product and Process Engineering department, you will collaborate in the development of large array algal cultivation system designs, with particular focus on fluid management infrastructure, (i.e., gas and liquid transport and control). This position will identify opportunities for process improvements that can be incorporated into subsequent designs and system installations at larger scales. The position also requires application of design and process control principles to ensure product quality for all production activities.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as the engineering team member for completion of the process development, design, acquisition, installation and operation of PhotoBioreactor array based algal cultivation systems.
- Develop an understanding of mechanical and hydrodynamic design principles and provide expertise to other R&D, process engineering and Operations staff members.
- Lead design, procurement and installation of Pilot Scale cultivation systems, to meet company objectives of performance, cost and schedule.
- Provide fundamentally sound design expertise during the development of auxiliary systems for both pilot and full scale algal production plants.
- Support selection and evaluation of new processes and manufacturing approaches to continuously improve PhotoBioreactor and integrated system performance.
- Participate on design and manufacturing teams to develop novel solutions to the unique technical challenges experienced in the Biotech industry.
You may directly supervise employees within the Product and Engineering Function. You will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law. Such responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; setting goals; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications for Your Job
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (e.g., Chemical, Food Science) plus 10 years’ experience in fluid system based process industries. (Master’s plus 5 or Ph.D. plus 3)
- Experience with Design of highly integrated fluid management systems including pumps, filters, piping, tanks and other typical fluid and solid handling equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements and associated application of design controls required.
- Experience in management of engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning projects is desireable.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, growing environment.
- Ability to respect the confidential nature the work and use discretion at all times.
- Knowledge of Solidworks, ePDM, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products preferred.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org; reference “Engineer, Process and Product Development” in the subject line.