(Senior) Engineer, Product and Process Development
Summary of Your Job
As a Process Development Engineer in the Product and Process Engineering department, you will collaborate in the development of large array algal cultivation system designs, with particular focus on mechanical infrastructure design, (i.e., structural design elements, including support structures, PBR assembly, and system installation elements). This position will identify opportunities for design improvements that will support future iterations and larger scale system installations. The position also will also support development of design documentation, including Design History and current state documentation.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as the engineering team member on the PhotoBioreactor Large Array System Design Core Team, responsible for management of the Mechanical Insfrastructure design process along with Design History documentation.
- Develop an understanding of mechanical design principles and provide expertise to other R&D, process engineering and Operations staff members.
- Integrate Design History documentation into a nascent Documentation Management system.
- Lead design, procurement and installation of Pilot Scale cultivation systems, to meet company objectives of performance, cost and schedule.
- Provide fundamentally sound design expertise during the development of auxiliary systems for both pilot and full scale algal production plants.
- Support selection and evaluation of new processes and manufacturing approaches to continuously improve PhotoBioreactor and integrated system performance.
- Participate on design and manufacturing teams to develop novel solutions to the unique technical challenges experienced in the Biotech industry.
You may directly supervise employees within the Product and Engineering Function. You will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law. Such responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; setting goals; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications for Your Job
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (e.g., Chemical, Food Science) plus 10 years’ experience in fluid system based process industries. (Master’s plus 5 or Ph.D. plus 3)
Knowledge Product Development Approaches based on Industrial Design principles preferred.
Experience with Design of highly integrated fluid management systems including typical fluid and solid handling equipment preferred.
Knowledge of Quality System Requirements and associated application of design controls required.
Experience in development and support of Fluid Management and Mechanical System design documentation systems desired.
Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, growing environment.
Ability to respect the confidential nature the work and use discretion at all times.
Knowledge of Solidworks, ePDM, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products required.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>; reference “Sr. Engineer, Process and Product Development” in the subject line.