Sr. Project Manager
Summary of the Job
Algenol is the global leader in low cost photobioreactor technology used to make a variety of products from algae and other photosynthetically cultivated microorganisms. The company has also developed state-of-the-art technologies for cyanobacterial strain development and cultivation optimization, allowing production of a variety of products. Algenol intends to leverage its technology platforms for the development and commercialization of new products in the food, nutraceutical, fuel and specialty chemical markets. As a Sr. Project Manager you will manage multidisciplinary product realization projects from R&D through pre-commercial testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. As with any job, other duties may be assigned to you as appropriate.
- Create and manage project schedules and plans, ensure that the tasks, milestones, and deliverables are accomplished on time and within budget.
- Develop, in cooperation with senior management, the foundational structure for the Project Management function, and support business expansion through application of appropriate Project Management approaches.
- Use strong analytical skills to understand customer requirements, foresee technical challenges and lead development of design solutions to meet product performance requirements, product manufacturability objectives, cost, quality, reliability, regulatory requirements, and safety.
- Assure effective project staffing and management, including: technical competency, design quality, and effective application of project management tools. Serves as a champion for the phase-gate product management processes.
- Prepare project reports and assure accuracy and completeness of all project documentation.
- Communicate effectively to senior management as required to provide a clear understanding of project status, risks, progress and decisions. Analyze project trade-offs and request changes in scope, schedule, project budget and resources when needed.
- Produce design documentation in compliance with the ALGENOL’s Quality System, Regulatory Requirements, and Industry Standards.
- Support Business Development by contributing to project proposals and project planning.
- Manage internal and external resources to meet the design, performance, test and manufacturing criteria.
- Conduct project review meetings and presentations with project team and company management.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, growing environment.
- Ability to respect the confidential nature of the work and use discretion at all times.
Qualifications for the Job
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities you are required to possess. Reasonable accommodations may be made, should you have a disability, to allow you to perform the essential functions.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Hydrodynamics or related field.
- Must have 5+ years of project management experience and minimum of 10 years overall work experience bringing complex products through the full product development life cycle.
- Experience managing technical teams and directing projects.
- Excellent team player with experience working in cross-functional teams composed of R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality associates.
- Must have hands-on experience and deep understanding of phase-gate product development processes.
- Experience driving continuous improvements projects across an organization (with knowledge in Lean, Transformation, Six Sigma and Practical Process Improvement methodologies a plus).
- Solid understanding of numerical modeling, designs of experiments, and fabrication methods. Familiarity with design, prototype fabrication and testing is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Solid experience in preparing project proposals, plans, schedules and budgets, as well as detailed reports and presentations.
- Ability to work on problems that are complex in nature where independent judgment and a high degree of initiative is required for resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Desire to coach, develop and retain Technical Leaders and Project Engineering staff.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and SharePoint) required. Primavera a plus.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English.
- PMP Certification is a PLUS. Six Sigma Certification is a PLUS.
Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please e-mail a PDF version of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>; reference “Sr. Project Manager” in the subject line.