Algenol’s patented technology utilizes our algae production platform to produce spirulina and spirulina extracts, including Phycocyanin (PC). We are your contract resource to develop other colors from algae.
New regulations in the U.S., Europe and Japan are rapidly phasing out synthetic dyes and pigments in the food industry. The FDA is also modernizing food processing guidelines with stricter standards, making quality standards for the production of pigments more rigorous.
According to the article, Brand New Hue, in the October 6, 2016 issue of the New York Times magazine section (Here is the article), food companies are spending considerable R&D funds to solve the complex task of converting foods from synthetic to all natural pigments.
- Premium Natural Blues from Algenol
- Flexibility to control Phycocyanin (PC) content and composition
- Ability to develop various intensities of natural blue form spirulina extract
- Collaboration to formulate the natural blue color that meets your needs
- Quality benefit from the high-purity Algenol production process
- For more information on Algenol’s SANIBEL BLUE™ and CAPTIVA BLUE™,
please click here for a downloadable brochure